Tuesday, June 17, 2008

blood,russians,arabs,hot tubs,inspirational movies and everything nice

YES today i should have been studying and going to bed earlier than i am going to bed. But you know what today was an awesome awesome day.

First of all, I took blood today and it was awesome. I took it from Sarah Morris and she was really nice because she let me take it twice from her. The first time the blood didn't pop out. She did it to me first, and she was successful. They tell me i have good veins. What can I say?

Right after i was done taking blood and was waiting around for the lab to be over with....who walks by in the NLC? My mom, sisters and the russians!!! I had no idea they were coming to the NLC. SO i was surprised. then we showed them around a bit more and put them in hospital beds and put on a neck brace on hip brace on one of the girls. They wouldn't let me take their blood. I wonder why??? ha ha ha!

THen we went to hickory kist and the owner gave them all free food, and before that the bowling alley gave them free bowling and jamba juice gave them free jamba. PEOPLE are NICE! And guess what else. A girl gave them free hair cuts. And this girl has cut DREW BARRYMORES hair! cool huh! They all loved their hair.

Then today I went to FHE. we played the sock game. It was fun.

Then we went to swimming at the elms. And in the hot tub there i met a guy from Syria. I started talking to him and he was really cool. Dave Heywood thinks i should move to Syria and have his babies. But i don't think so, but he is really cool.

And then i came home and watched a movie that Jared and Carly were watching: the Freedom writers. And then i went in to Abby's room and she was watching A Time to Kill. Both of these movies are about racial issues. And Freedom Writers is about how everybody has a story. I actaully know a Freedom Writer and he told me alot of his story last week.

CONCLUSION
Anyways, a lot of todays happenings kept me keeping about one thing. that i wish i could just sit down with everyone and have them tell me their story. how much less would i judge and how much less would i blame and how much less would i discriminate and how much more love i would have for people.

I know that i can't do this with everyone but I think that i should try to get to know people better, really get to know them. And if not I think that I should just do what one of the general authorities said one time( i can't remember which one said it) : " imagine that everyone that you talk to is going through the worst time in their life and 70%(0r however many percent it was) you will be right."

I hope that i can start doing this and get out of my little mole hill and look outside of my pathetic self. I have a GREAT life. I have been reminded of this this week when I feel embarrassed everytime the russians get to get in another one of our ever abounding cars. And have them be so awed at their 3 rooms that we gave them for the week.

I have been blessed and i need to share that with other people. HELLO!

So this is my new motto
JENNIFER, STOP BEING SUCH A DANG BRAT AND THINK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!!! OTHER PEOPLE ARE AWESOME AND RESILIENT AND BRAVE AND HAPPY EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE HAD LOTS OF THINGS BAD THINGS IN THEIR LIFE.(ok sorry that was long. i don't think that saying will catch on like wild fire.)

2 comments:

Steph said...

Jennifer! I love this post! So very true. And I often wish I could hear people's life stories too. The more people I meet the more I realize that everyone has had experiences and challenges that I rarely expect. I mean we often interact with people on such a shallow level that when we are blessed enough to see people at a deeper level it is often surprising and very humbling.

I love you Jen!

Oh! P.S. I am coming to Ootah on June 29 and would love to see you! (In fact it is a must!)

Jennifer said...

yes i would love love love to see you!!!!