humility is a good thing. i learned that today and hopefully everybody else that listened to my "special" musical number learned that too. It was special in every sense of the word, e"specially" in the bad way.
so, i sang in church.
i came in on the wrong note
one would have hoped to redeem themselves later in the song
actually, it got progressively worse.
my sister katie, whom i love, also my accompanist, left the room in hysterics.
i sat with head hung low, but then started laughing.
as grant from the ward says, "i really like the words to Precious Savior."
me too grant, me too.
love
jen
4 comments:
oh jen. i just love you. sorry the song didn't go as planned, but way to keep it positive :) you are the best.
I totally thought it sounded like Katie messed up the song with her piano playing! So you deceived me! Haha I loved it though, I said kind of the same thing as grant; those words are so great.
I think one sign of a really good blog is whether it can make you laugh out loud...
"as grant from the ward says,--i really like the words to Precious Savior."
"me too grant, me too."
So good. Thank you.
p.s. I have done stuff like that so many times-- it's like getting punched in the face by someone with really big muscles-- the thing is you didn't even do anything to them so it's just really weird that it happened.
We are singing this Sunday, so just don't be surprised...
thank you and katherine, you are so right about being punched by someone with really big muscles. it is exactly like that! hahaha! you so funny.
Post a Comment