Sunday, February 3, 2008

Gordon B Hinckley


I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting today and I realized that I needed to remember all of the things that President Hinckley has taught me so here it goes..............................................

  • The Six Be's
    • Be Wise
    • Be Humble
    • Be Prayerful
    • Be Happy
    • Be Smart
    • Be Grateful
  • The importance of the Book of Mormon
    • In 2005 he challenged all of us to read the Book of Mormon and gave us the Promise that we would have a greater measure of the Spirit when we read it!
  • Stand a Little Taller,Be a Little Better
    • Change little be little
  • The importance of temple work
    • he built a ton of temples all around the world.
  • Having a good sense of Humor
    • His cane was used only to get a good laugh!
    • He was always laughing about something in Conference
  • Being Optimistic
    • Whenever there were terrible things that happened in the World I can always remember him being so optimistic about it. Like 9-11 I remember hearing the next conference and thinking that everything is going to be Ok!
  • Being the Best you can be!
    • He was such a good example of this pushing himself all around the world until he was so old!!
I am going to try to work on all these things!!! President Hinckley was the FLYEST man I knew!
Peace
Jen

No comments: