Monday, October 13, 2008

thoughts

Ok y'alls.

I learned something in Church today. To be valiant in your testimony in Christ you have to be proactive. And for some reason that hit me. I need to be more proactive in the way i live my life and share my testimony. I need to share the love that i have for Christ. I need to read my scriptures better, i need to be nicer, i need to not swear..EVER, i need to follow the little commandments like living in a house of order, i need to be slow to anger, i need to have hope and faith, i need to visit the sick, i need to do alot of things.

Also, i want to talk about gay marriage since that is a huge thing in the church right now. There are commandments in this world and because God is an unchanging being, the commandments also don't change. That sure makes for a sticky situation when all the values and beliefs are changing in this world to fit the agenda of what the world wants to be OK. There are alot of things i don't believe are Ok in this world, and most of them the law also believes are not Ok. for example, doing drugs, driving drunk, stealing, being reckless, abusing children and spouses, murdering, rape and molestation. Ok now, yes i can love the people that do these things but it is still not an OK thing.

Gay marriage is a little bit of a more sticky situation but as my church believes s and I believe and God has given us inspiration on, Marriage is between in a man and a woman. God has created us specifically for our roles as women and men. That is how he created us.

We need to be aware that the gay tendencies and temptation are very very very real in people. It is a huge temptation and huge huge burden for these people. They struggle and struggle with these feelings. I have a few gay friends and i realize that it is a very real and difficult feeling. I don;t think i can truly ever understand what they are going through, but i know that these feelings are real. I also know, that God will never tempt us beyond our capacity. That doesn't mean that it isn't very real and hard and difficult and a huge burden, and will be a huge trial. Although this situation of temptation and feelings are very real, i don't believe we should have a law that condones and says that it is alright and fine because God never changes and Marriage is only between a man and a woman.

Each child has the divine right to have both a mother and a father. Now, many circumstances of the free will of parents cause children to be left without a mother or a father or both. And that is certainly not fair for those children. Heres the thing though, i have not once heard anyone say, "well if it makes that [mother/father] happy then i think it is just fine that [he/she] left [his/her] children in the dust.' I have NEVER heard this not once, not from a news anchor or a friend or anyone in my liberal highschool or anything. Children do deserve to have a mother and a father. And with gay marriage, you will not have a mother and/or not have a father. and that scares me.

I feel strongly about this situation and wish i could vote in California.

Jen

No comments: